Program Analysis for Vulnerability Research (5-Day course)
Want to be better at finding vulnerabilities? Want to automate common discovery patterns and build tooling to make you better at your job?
This five-day course trains students to do sophisticated program analysis using Binary Ninja and the Binary Ninja Python API for the purpose of vulnerability research with the goal of improving auditing processes, improving ability to identify interesting code paths, and encoding bug primitives.
- DATES: October 4 - October 8
LOCATION: Currently online-only.
(We may announce an in-person option that students may switch to at a later date.)
- COST: $5000 before Sept 4, $5750 after Sept 4
- You must be familiar with basic vulnerability classes such as stack-based buffer overflows, type confusion, sign extension vulnerabilities, etc.
- Basic to intermediate Python experience highly recommended. (Python 3.8+ used in exercises)
- Note that a non-commercial training license of Binary Ninja is included with the cost of the course, however a commercial-license if available does enhance some exercises.
- A virtual machine running Ubuntu 20.04 or an OS which can run Binary Ninja (Supported Platforms)
A shipping address will be requested after checkout for a bonus packet including a Binary Ninja T-Shirt.